If you suffer from extreme fear of getting up in front of a crowd, you need to take steps to conquer the fear of public speaking.
Public speaking is often at the top of phobias most people suffer from.
The thought of standing up and having to face a crowd of strangers is too much for many people.
- Do you get goosebumps when you have to speak in public?
- Do you get butterflies in your stomach before speaking to a group of people?
- Do you feel intimidated when you walk into a roomful of strangers?
Social anxieties and the fear of being judged negatively by our peers are frequent issues related to the fear of public speaking which can all be addressed through Hypnosis. When faced with having to get up in front of a crowd, the body may react with an increased heart rate, hands sweating, mouth going dry, knees shaking, body sweating and the stomach-churning.
- Public speaking is all about connecting with your audience and establishing rapport with your audience.
- Here are some useful tips which may help you to impress your audience, and increase your self-confidence:
- Establish eye contact with your audience as soon as possible.
- Establish a bond with your audience and generate a feeling of being connected.
- Preparing and rehearsing before you deliver your speech to avoid embarrassing situations.
- Accept that it is okay to make a few mistakes, no one else knows what you were going to say.
- Do not worry after the event as being critical of yourself or reliving the event will not make it better
- Take your time getting off the stage .. show your audience that you are engaged with them.
- They are not going to judge you, they will be impressed you got up on stage.
- Share interesting anecdotes if the topic allows you to do so.
- Blend your speech with real, personal experiences.
- Powerpoint slides, containing visual graphics are effective.
- Use your arms and hands to provide emphasis, during your speech.
- Be sure the tone of your voice reflects your passion.
- Change the tone of voice, from time to time to keep your speech interesting and entertaining.
Following these few tips can make a big difference, however, you will find it easier if you conquer your fear of public speaking.
There are many on-line public speaking courses available to help you master the art of public speaking.
Hypnosis can help you to shed your limiting beliefs and inhibitions of public speaking.
Don’t allow the fear to control your life and hold you back from success!