Boost Your Self Confidence
5 Simple ways to help you boost your self-confidence
We are all born with a limitless supply of self-confidence, our brains in early life, do not know about limitations or fears or dangers. As we grow older and experience life’s challenges, we soon start to develop a set of limitations and rules, which will determine our future behaviors.
If we grow up in a positive setting, with emotional support and access to resources for learning and experiencing life to the fullest, we will likely have strong self-confidence.
On the other hand, if we grow in a setting of negativity and criticism and abuse, our self-confidence may quickly be eroded, as we start to doubt ourselves and stop taking chances. We learn limits, restrictions, consequences, and are corrected, reprimanded, coerced or perhaps bullied or abused.
Later in life, we must re-learn self-confidence and restore our belief in ourselves. Our success in life, our careers, and business success all require a strong sense of self-confidence, self-worth, and self-esteem. We must build up our confidence so we can take risks associated with success.
It is not an easy process, as so many outside influences, can affect our self-confidence, as well, we must deal with the ‘inner critic’ that continues to tell us we aren’t good enough.
There is help available to overcome these feelings if you are unable to deal with them yourself. Hypnotherapy, Counselling, Psychotherapy, and other modalities can provide help to rebuild your confidence levels.
Here are five things that you can do yourself, to help boost your self-confidence.
- Question Your Inner Critic – We are our own worst critic. Many of the harshest comments, come from within, our inner critic. When these messages become overactive or inaccurate, you may lose your self-confidence and start to experience low self-esteem. To help overcome these negative feelings, find opportunities to compliment, congratulate, and reward yourself, and celebrate even your smallest accomplishments.
- Do Something Each Day That Scares You – The best way for you to overcome mild feelings of fear, is to face them head-on. Getting out of your comfort zone and facing these feelings of jitters, mild anxiety or fear, will help you to gain more confidence. By doing something that is a little uncomfortable each day, you’ll start to regain confidence and experience a boost in self-esteem.
- Visualize Yourself as You Want to Be – Visualization is a powerful technique that requires you to see a picture of yourself, which you are proud of, in your mind. When struggling with low self-confidence or self-esteem, we often have a poor perception of ourselves that tends to be inaccurate. Practice visualizing a beautiful, happy, successful, confident version of yourself. See yourself achieving your goals, by using a vision board. Create that vision of who you want to be and look at it every single day to remind you of your major goals.
- Set Realistic Goals – Setting realistic goals, which are achievable, will encourage you and allow you to set more challenging goals, as you move forward. Small baby steps of success are far more motivational than a single success, among many failures. Setting goals which are unlikely to be achieved may cause you to become discouraged and lose confidence in your abilities. Start by setting smaller, easier goals for yourself, which you can reach quickly. Once you’ve achieved some success, you can then move on to larger, more difficult goals.
- Affirm Yourself – The trick to making lasting change is to shift the way you view yourself. Positive affirmations can help to overcome the negative self-talk and train our brain to start thinking more positively. The statements must be positive and must be believable and achievable. The conscious mind acts as a gatekeeper and will not allow obviously inaccurate or exaggerated affirmations to reach the subconscious. For them to take effect, affirmations must be honest, true and achievable.
Every day we are bombarded with numerous elements that can threaten our self-confidence, with these tips you can start to take charge of building yourself up and boosting your self-confidence.
A Group Hypnosis session called Believe in Yourself is scheduled for April 10, 2019 … use the discount code GROUP for free access to the program.
Please follow and like us: